5 Simple Ways to Give Back to the Earth
Earth Day is celebrated every year on April 22nd. It is seen as a day to become more aware of our environment and the way our actions influence our natural surroundings. Today, earth day is celebrated in around 193 countries world over. In a world where debates about sustainable development and environmental conservation continue on, Erace the Hate aims to emphasize on the concept of giving back positively to the environment, this Earth Day 2019. When you Spread Love that also means loving the planet!
Here’s 5 simple ways we as individuals can give back positively to the environment:
1) Follow the 3 Rs’: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: The basic rule of environmental conservation is to reduce the amount of waste generated, reuse things that be put to other uses instead of throwing them out and contributed to added wastage of resources, and recycle plastic, paper, metal and glass products.
2) Conserve water and electricity: Simple rule, hard to keep in mind! One of the easiest ways to be eco-friendly is simply remembering to turn off the lights and taps when not in use. It helps prevent needless wastage of a lot of energy!
3) Use healthy packaging/bagging methods: Carry a cloth or paper bag with you to package and bag your groceries to prevent adding more harmful non-biodegradable plastic bags to the environment.
4) Use environmentally sustainable transportation: A simple way of reducing pollution and needless wastage of fuel is by using environmentally sustainable ways of transportation like public transport such as trains and buses. Along with that, for shorter distances, walking and biking are even more eco-friendly and healthy practices that we can adopt in our lifestyles!
5) Volunteer in clean-up efforts and environmental awareness campaigns: One of the most valuable things we can do in an age where false information and myths often seem to spread like wildfire through the medium of the internet is make ourselves more aware and actively take part in environmental awareness campaigns. Along with that, taking part in cleanup and restoration campaigns is another way of giving back positively to the environment.